Date of joining
Dr. Suman Ray
D.S.Kothari Postdoctoral fellow
Dr. Satish Patil’s group
Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit (SSCU)
IISc Bangalore 560012, INDIA
Lab No: 080 2293 2952/2295
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heterogeneous silica supported Catalysts, Microporous and Mesoporous silica
- Transition metals and precious metals incorporated silica as oxidation catalyst
- Mixed metal oxide (ZnTiO3, ZnFe2O4) nanoparticle catalyst
- Organic Photovoltaics
- Organic synthesis
2009 – 2014: Ph.D in Chemistry, Calcutta University, Kolkata.
2007 – 2009: M.Sc in Organic Chemistry, Calcutta University, Kolkata.
- “A new MCM-41 supported HPF6 catalyst for the library synthesis of highly substituted 1,4-dihydropyridines and oxidation to pyridines: report of one-dimensional packing towards LMSOMs and studies on their photophysical properties”Suman Ray, Mike Brown, Asim Bhaumik, Arghya Dutta and Chhanda Mukhopadhyay*, Green Chemistry, 2013, 15, 1910.
- “Exploitation of Dual Character of CN Moiety in the Synthesis of Uniquely Decorated 3H-Pyrroles: A Rare Observation”Paramita Das, Suman Ray, and Chhanda Mukhopadhyay*, Organic Letters, 2013, 15, 5622.
- “Porous silica nanoparticles with mesoscopic void spaces for the domino intermolecular aerobic oxidative synthesis of novel β,β′-diketoenamines” Suman Ray, Asim Bhaumik, Arghya Dutta and Chhanda Mukhopadhyay*, Catalysis Science and Technology, 2013, 3, 1267.
- “Covalently anchored organic carboxylic acid on porous silica nanoparticle: A novel organometallic catalyst (PSNP-CA) for the chromatography-free highly product selective synthesis of tetrasubstituted imidazoles”Suman Ray, Paramita Das, Asim Bhaumik, Arghya Dutta, and Chhanda Mukhopadhyay*, Applied Catalysis A: General, 2013, 458, 183.
- “Cubic Perovskite ZnTiO3 Nanopowder as a Recyclable Heterogeneous Catalyst for the Synthesis of 1,6-Naphthyridines in Water”Suman Ray, Paramita Das, Biplab Banerjee, Asim Bhaumik, and Chhanda Mukhopadhyay*, ChemPlusChem
, 2015, 80, 731.
- “Covalently anchored carboxylic acid on uniform spherical silica nanoparticles with narrow slit like mesopores for the synthesis of pyrroloacridinones: CuI-catalyzed further C(sp3)-H oxyfunctionalization for C=O formation”Suman Ray, Asim Bhaumik, Malay Pramanik and Chhanda Mukhopadhyay*, RSC Advances, 2014, 4, 15441.
- “Binary conjugate Brønsted–Lewis acid supported on mesoporous silica nanoparticles for the domino addition/elimination/addition and addition/elimination/addition/cyclization cascade”Suman Ray, Asim Bhaumik, Malay Pramanik, Ray J. Butcher, Sema Ozturk YILDIRIM and Chhanda Mukhopadhyay*, Catalysis Communications, 2014, 43, 173.
- “Synthesis of 2-amino-5-alkylidenethiazol-4-ones from ketones, rhodanine and amines with the aid of re-usable heterogeneous silica-pyridine based catalyst” Suman Ray (With Chhanda Mukhopadhyay*), Tetrahedron, 2011, 67, 7936.
- “Copper incorporated nanorod like mesoporous silica for one pot aerobic oxidative synthesis of pyridines”Suman Ray, Asim Bhaumik, Biplab Banerjee and Chhanda Mukhopadhyay*, Catalysis Communications, 2015, 58, 97.
- “A new application of rhodanine as a green sulfur transferring agent for a clean functional group interconversion of amide to thioamide using reusable MCM-41 mesoporous silica”Suman Ray, Asim Bhaumik, Arghya Dutta, and Chhanda Mukhopadhyay*, Tetrahedron Letters, 2013, 54, 2164.
- “Synthesis of molecular scaffolds assimilating both indolinone and thiazolidinone moieties under environmentally benevolent condition”Suman Ray (With Chhanda Mukhopadhyay*), Tetrahedron Letters, 2013, 54, 5078.
- “Rapid and straightforward one-pot expeditious synthesis of 2-amino-5-alkylidene-thiazol-4-ones at room temperature”Suman Ray (With Chhanda Mukhopadhyay*), Tetrahedron Letters, 2011, 52, 6431.
- “Cubic Ag2O nanoparticle incorporated mesoporous silica with large bottle-neck like mesopores for the aerobic oxidative synthesis of disulfide” Paramita Das, Suman Ray, Asim Bhaumik, Biplab Banerjeeand Chhanda Mukhopadhyay*, RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 6323.