Date of joining
Dr. Chithambararaj Angamuthuraj
Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit
Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
Bangalore 560012, India
Phone: +91 94872 24120
Materials for supercapacitors, Batteries, Photocatalysis, Gas sensors and Electro-chromic smart windows
January 2010 – July 2015
PhD in Physics, National Institute of Technology Trichy (NIT-T)
Synthesis and characterization of MoO3 nanocrystals: A new finding on visible light driven photocatalysis
Department of Physics, NIT Trichy, Tamilnadu, India
September 2007 – December 2008
Master of Philosophy (M. Phil) in Physics, Kongunadu Arts and Science College (KASC), Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India
Effect of Swift Heavy Ion Irradiation on Cadmium Sulphide (CdS) thin films
Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India
April 2005 – April 2007
M.Sc in Physics, Kongunadu Arts and Science College (KASC), Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India
Post-Doctoral Fellow (May 2018 onwards)
Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit, Indian Institute of Technology, Bangalore – 560012, India.
Activities: Development of supercapacitor materials for energy storage application
Post-Doctoral Fellow (April 2016 to April 2018)
Battery Unit, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)-Central Electrochemical Research Institute (CECRI), CSIR Madras Complex, Chennai – 600 113, India.
Activities: Development of thin films for electrochromic smart windows, nanomaterials for Li and Na ion battery technology and supercapacitor device.
Research Associate (September 2015 to April 2016)
Department of Chemistry, CMR Institute of Technology, Bangalore – 560 037, India.
Activities: Synthesis of magnetic nanoparticles for photocatalytic applications
- M. Shafi, R. Dhanabal, A. Chithambararaj, S. Velmathi and A. Chandra Bose, α-MnO2/h-MoO3 Hybrid Material for High Performance Supercapacitor Electrode and Photocatalyst, ACS Sustainable Chem. & Eng., (2017) 5(6) 4757-4770.
- Chithambararaj, N. Rajeswari Yogamalar and A. Chandra Bose, “Hydrothermally synthesized h-MoO3 and α-MoO3 nanocrystals: New findings on crystal structure dependent charge transport”, ACS-Cryst. Growth Design, 16 (4) (2016) 1984-1995.
- Senthil, T. Badapanda, A. Chithambararaj and A. Chandra Bose, “Impedance spectroscopy and photocatalysis water splitting for hydrogen production with cerium modified SrBi2Ta2O9 ferroelectrics”, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, (2016) 48 (2016) 22856-22865.
- Dhanabal, A. Chithambararaj, S. Velmathi and A. Chandra Bose, “Visible light driven degradation of methylene blue dye using Ag3PO4”, J. Environ. Chem. Eng., 3 (2015) 1872-1881.
- Chithambararaj, D. Bhagya Mathi, N. R. Yogamalar and A. Chandra Bose, “Structural evolution and phase transition of (NH4)6Mo7O24.4H2O to 2D Layered MoO3-x”, IOP-Mater. Res. Express, 2 (2015) 055004.
- Chithambararaj and A. Chandra Bose, “Role of synthesis variables on controlled nucleation and growth of hexagonal molybdenum oxide nanocrystals: Investigation on thermal and optical properties”, RSC-CrystEngComm., 16 (2014) 6175-6186.
- Chithambararaj, N. Rameshbabu and A. Chandra Bose, “Study of microwave assisted growth of meta-stable 1-D h-MoO3”, Sci. Adv. Mater., 6, 7 (2014) 1302-1312.
- Mariappan, V. Ponnuswamy, A. Chandra Bose, A. Chithambararaj, R. Suresh and
M. Ragavendar, “Structural, optical and electrical characterization of nebulizer-sprayed ZnO nano-rods”, Superlattices and Microstructures, 65 (2014) 184-194.
- Chithambararaj, N. S. Sanjini, A. Chandra Bose, and S. Velmathi, “Flower-like hierarchical
h-MoO3: A new findings of efficient visible light driven nano photocatalyst for methylene blue degradation”, RSC-Catal. Sci. Technol., 3 (2013) 1405-1414.
- Chithambararaj, N. S. Sanjini, S. Velmathi and A. Chandra Bose, “Preparation of h-MoO3 and α-MoO3 nanocrystals: Comparative study on photo catalytic degradation of methylene blue under visible light irradiation”, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 15 (2013) 14761-14769.
- Senthil, T. Badapanda, A. Chithambararaj, A. Chandra Bose, A. K. Mohapatra and
S. Panigrahi, “Dielectric relaxation behavior and electrical conduction mechanism in polymer-ceramic composites based on Sr modified barium zirconium titanate ceramic” J. Polym. Res., 19 (2012) 9898 (8pp).
- Chithambararaj, and A. Chandra Bose, “Investigation on structural, thermal, optical and sensing properties of meta-stable hexagonal MoO3 nanocrystals of one dimensional structure”, Beilstein J. Nanotechnol., 2 (2011) 585-592.
- A. Chithambararaj, and A. Chandra Bose, “Hydrothermal synthesis of hexagonal and orthorhombic MoO3 nanoparticles”, J. Alloys Compd., 509 (2011) 8105-8110.
R. Yogamalar, S. Kalpana, V. Senthil and A. Chithambararaj, Ferroelectrics for photocatalysis (Book Chapter), Multifunctional Photocatalytic Materials for Energy (Book title), Elsevier, 2018