Research activities of our group are focused on exploring the manifold of molecular electronics ranging from organic photovoltaics, light-emitting diodes and field-effect transistors. Our interdisciplinary approach includes synthesizing multifunctional conjugated polymers and oligomers with novel properties and studying their characteristics working at the interface of chemistry, physics and materials engineering. We take advantage of molecular structures to fine tune the desired properties through molecular design and robust synthetic strategies.
The research group at present is actively engaged in developing π-conjugated polymers and oligomers for-
- Organic Solar Cells
- Singlet Fission
- Electrochemical Energy Storage Devices
- Organic Light-emitting Diodes
- Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence (TADF)
- Field-Effect Transistors
- Kanimozhi, N. Y. Gross, K. W. Chou, A. Amassian, T. D. Anthopoulos and and S.Patil, Diketopyrrolopyrrole-Diketopyrrolopyrrole-based Conjugated Copolymer for High-Mobility Organic Field-Effect Transistors, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 16532.
- Nidhi Sharma, Shiv Kumar, Yogesh Chandrasekaran, Satish Patil*, Maleimide–based donor-π-acceptor-π-donor derivative for efficient organic light-emitting diodes, Organic Electronics, 2016, 38 180-185
- Tushita Mukhopadhyay, Boregowda Puttaraju, Satyaprasad P. Senanayak, Aditya Sadhanala, Richard Friend, Hendrik A. Faber, Thomas D. Anthopoulos, Ulrike Salzner, Andreas Meyer, and Satish Patil*, Air-Stable n-channel Diketopyrrolopyrrole−Diketopyrrolopyrrole Oligomers for High Performance Ambipolar Organic Transistors, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2016, 38, 25415–25427
- Satyaprasad P. Senanayak, A. Z. Ashar, Catherine Kanimozhi, Satish Patil, and K. S. Narayan, Room-temperature bandlike transport and Hall effect in a high-mobility ambipolar polymer, Phys. Rev. B, 2015, 91, 115302
- Sebastian Albert-Seifried, Doo-Hyun Ko, Sven Hüttner, Catherine Kanimozhi, Satish Patil, Richard H Friend, Efficiency limitations in a low band-gap diketopyrrolopyrrole-based polymer solar cell, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2014, 16, 6743-6752
- Raja Bhaskar Kanth Siram, Meera Stephen, Farman Ali, and Satish Patil*, Investigation of Phase Separation in Bulk Heterojunction Solar Cells via Supramolecular Chemistry, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2013, 117, 9129–9136
- Mallari A. Naik, N. Venkatramaiah, Catherine Kanimozhi, and Satish Patil*, Influence of Side-Chain on structural order and photophysical properties in thiophene based diketopyrrolopyrroles: A systematic study, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2012, 116, 26128–26137